Sunday, January 29, 2006

Back to the Nipps





I will be staying the next few days at the Nipps' place, to recuperate and get a few things done after my time in the dorm and then Atlanta. I missed the Skees on my way up to Nashville on Saturday, so I was unable to catch up with Gerald who seemed to be at work. The trip up was fun in its own way. We decided to go to Lookout mountain, a place just on the border where you can see 7 states from the top. After following several signs that pointed to the "way" to get there, we came to the deduction that they were placed so to make us pass the most businesses on the way, hopefully there to take our money. By the time we got up there, it had cooled off significantly, and we needed to put the top back on the car and slowly wind ourselves up the road on the side of the mountain. After taking shots of the top and from the mountain we took the short way down to the highway and again began our journey north. A few hours later, I arrived in Nashville and spent the rest of the night with Ryan and Stephen watching movies. The next day I went again to Woodmont Hills and saw Gina, who is getting married very soon. For lunch I went out with the Phillips' and the Ansteys to this Mexican place close by. It was a great deal, I got alot of food for not much and I couldnt eat for hours afterwards. Buy this time I was exhausted, so the rest of the afternoon was a bit of a blur from going to Donalson with Justin for basketball then onto Chilis for dinner then back to the Nipps'. I even fell asleep a few hours ago just sitting on the couch, an indication of how tired I am. There is another Perth team meeting on Tuesday night, so by then I will again be on Lipscomb's campus for another period of time. The shots I have posted are of the view from the mountain, a store that was on the bottom of the drive, a cool tree covered in some sort of creeper in Jacquie's front yard (in the middle of winter mind) and the place we ate at today after church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home