Sunday, January 15, 2006

Nashville, TN






Alot has happened since I last made a post, I have been to car shows, flown halfway across the country and now am in Nashville for a month. Lets start at the beginning shall we? I spent my last day with the Osborns as they were taking me to the airport the next morning. That night we met the Clays at Crown Burger for a meal then back onto the Osborns house. Randy, Troy and I all went to the car show that was in Sandy, only a few minutes drive from the house. The car show was interesting, with all sorts of American cars and some that were a little more familar. What is strange is that they have some of the same cars, yet call them by different names. I suppose the Australian names are not beefy or aggressive enough to sell to the American public. One part of the show that was cool was the custom and exotic car sections. I have posted a shot of one of the Ferrais- one looked so cool in all black and such. There was even a Shelby GT 1969- Elenor from the movie "Gone in 60 seconds". There were also a Ford GT there, which was great. That night was a fun end to my time in Salt Lake this time around, and I look forward to seeing those people that were so good to me and my brother while I was there over the Christmas Break.For the flight and such: I got up early enough, and was shipped off to the airport by Suzan and from there started the second half of my trip. Well, lucky me my flight had been delayed so I had to wait an extra hour to get on my flight. They said there were "mechanical problems" which isnt something that you want to hear.Worse still, while we were still taxiing on the runway, there was a lady next to me on her mobile (cell) phone. As if there wasnt enough problems with the plane, this lady was determined to crash it before we even took off. After that the flight was unevenful and I landed in Nashville a little ahead of schedule andmet Jo Carol and startes back toward their house.That night we were treated to some Mexican chicken and potatoes and such. Before that I played the Nipps boys in some ping pong. I shall need some practice- I havent played in a while. Saturday was finished off when Justin and I went to see the movie Glory Road- its is a great basketball movie, kinda like Remember the Titans for basketball. Sunday was church and then lunch at Santa Fe. I was so tired from the day before I had a little nap then we made leftovers for dinner before I went bowling with Justin and Jonathon. We went to this place that was all you can bowl for 3 hours, which was great- I now have a new bowling style birthed from the fact that I could not fit my fingers in the holes in the ball. Anyway, it has been a busy few days and after the holiday tomorrow I shall hopefully meet some of the Lipscomb crew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home